Fire In Conshohocken

Conshohocken Fire
What Happened?!
The fifth fire this year caused by careless smoking in Montgomery County occurred at a new condo complex in Conshohocken, which caused an estimated $5,000 in damages when the 29 yr old owner fell asleep while smoking in his condo unit Monday night, however no one was injured and other units remain undamaged.

Quick Action
The fire necessitated that the partially-rented complex be evacuated. Firefighters from Conshohocken Fire Company arrived at the scene that night after quickly responding to a 911 call, and then extinguished the fire shortly after.

“Smith fell asleep in his chair with a lit cigarette watching Monday night football,” said Fire Chief Carl Clancy, “When he awoke, the carpet next to his chair was on fire. He’s lucky to be alive.”

Controversial Complex
The Grand View Condominium Complex on River Road has previously been a controversial center for neighbors, who were worried about the complex worsening the congestion and traffic problems in the small town.

Advertisements

Let me know what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s